13. Keep control of problems 维持对问题的掌控
Let's say you need some special work done. Don't sTOP with getting approval. If the other person doesn't follow through, you're left looking inept1.
譬如说你需要完成某些特殊工作,不要由于还未得到批准而停下来不做。由于假如如此,尽管是其他人不配合,你却已给人留下无能的印象。
14. Learn to translate boss language 掌握翻译上司的话
If it's not too much trouble means, Do it, and the sooner the better.
假如这不是太麻烦的话的意思是做吧,而且越快越好。
15. Learn what other people in the company are doing
知道企业的别的人在干什么
What were last year's big triumphs and failures?
去年公司主要的成功和不足是什么?
How does your job' intertwine with all this?
你在这中间起到哪种用途?
Then you'll understand when, how and where to press for your goals.
然后你将了解何时、何地及怎么样去追求你的目的。
16.Get along with your co|workers 与你的同事和睦相处
Internal battles mean less production. To your boss, if you're involved, you're automatically wrong.
内斗意味着减产。对你的上司来讲,假如你卷入内斗就已经错了。
17.Protect the company's reputation 保护企业的名誉
Never discuss company business and people where strangers can overhear。 Even in private, be reticent2.
不要在有陌生人可以无意中听到的场所谈论企业的事务和职员,即便在私下也不应当说。
18.Let others win sometimes 有时要让其他人胜出
Sounds like a good idea. We'll do it that way. If you don't, people will resent you.
这主意听起来很好。大家就这么做吧。不然大家会讨厌你。
19.Learn Timing3 掌握选择机会
Develop the patience to wait for an appropriate occasion.
培养你的耐心,等待一个适合机会的到来。
20.Don't Lie 不要说谎
Lying will make problems worse. If you're caught in a lie, you lose your credibility.
谎话会使问题变得更糟。假如你的谎话被拆穿,你将失去你的诚信。
21.Read your industry's publications 阅读本行业的书刊
Indicating you haven't the time or money to read will shock your bosses. To them, your lack of interest indicates no real career goals. Or worse, they may think that you are ignorant of important professional news.
倘若你声称没时间或没钱阅读本行业的书刊,会叫你的上司感到震撼。对他们来讲,你缺少兴趣表明你没真正的职业目的。或更糟的是,他们或许会觉得你对关键的专业新信息一无所知。
22.Get to know your peers 知道你的同行
Be active in one or more professional/trade organizations. The contacts you make and information you glean4 aid you on a personal level whenever you change jobs, while improving your current status.
积极参与一个或更多的专业/行业团体。不管你什么时间为改变你现有情况而跳槽,你打造的联系和采集的信息都会能够帮助你提升自己水平。
23.Never assume other people are operating from your standards
永远不要假设其他人在按你的规范做事
When you find yourself thinkingI never would have expected such behaviour from her, you know you've made the mistake of projecting your outlook on to others' behaviour.
当你发现你一个人在想我决不会料到她会有这种行为时,你要了解,你己经有一个错误, 就是把我们的想法套在了其他人的行为上。
24.Use commonsense运用知识和判断力